Management
 
 
Home
 
Annual Reports
 
Annual Reports - 1925
 
A feature of the year is the continuing expansion of permanent branches in the branch network, and the various reports provide comprehensive details. In the General Manager's report, the transfer to the Bank's first own self-contained Head Offices at 6 & 8 Edmund Street on July 6th 1925 is recorded - although the General Manager is already commenting that the space for the banking hall is too limited. The new Head Office incorporates a flat for occupation by a married couple as caretakers, and a Mr & Mrs Millin are appointed, but are soon dismissed as being 'unsatisfactory'. The list of new staff appointments includes the names of a dozen who are to have careers of over 40 years with the Bank.  There is a marked increase in applications for loans to purchase houses - demand boosted by the Corporation's policy of selling properties erected by the Council.
 
 
(1) Published Report
 
Council Report
 
Front and Back pages of Report
BACK TO THE TOP