Henry J. T. Bayliss joined the Bank Staff on the 8th October 1923 and retired on the 12th December 1969 and, except for the four years when he was serving in the Royal Army Ordnance Corps from 1942 to 1946, he has been a very loyal servant of the Bank and the depositors.
First appointed Branch Manager in 1932 at the Aston Cross Branch he was released to retirement from the Bearwood Branch at a small party at which a cheque was presented to him and Mrs. Bayliss on behalf of the Staff.
Henry does not intend to move away from his friends and, therefore, can still be found at his present address.
(NOTE: Henry Bayliss was the manager at Bearwood branch from 1959 until his retirement. He had previously managed Bearwood in 1934, and amongst other branches he was also manager of Harborne. In 1969, he recalled some memories of his early career: